Tuesday, March 9, 2010

*Honeymoon*- St Thomas and Grand Turk

I'm so sad but we don't have any pictures of St. Thomas. We went on this really big power boat called like the mega blaster or something....Basically it created HUGE waves that SOAKED us as we drove around the ocean. I think that it would have been pretty awesome if it was really hot outside but unfortunately, it was 8 am and pretty cold. I just sat there the whole time with my snorkel mask and air tube on trying to dodge the waves. I think the mega blaster crew thought it was funny to watch us freeze as they stood behind their little wave barrier!

The crew redeemed themselves when they stopped at a beautiful little cove that we got to go snorkeling in. I was the last one on the boat because I was kind of afraid of the water. The captain finally convinced me to just jump in. When I was finally mentally prepared and ready to get in the water, a huge two foot barracuda swam by! I thought I was done for! I thought that I would never get in the water after that!....Ten minutes later I was FINALLY in the water. (For future reference: if you see a barracuda and it is dark grey or black then swim for your life! If you see one and it is light grey or white then you are probably fine. We learned that barracudas change color when they are mad) Anyways, I was really glad that Joel waited patiently for me in the water because once I finally got it we had a great time. The coral was beautiful and the fish was so colorful! I cant wait to go back! Joel, I promise to be more brave next time!! :)
The next day was Christmas and we were at my favorite port, Grand Turk! Every port was amazing but Grand Turk was so beautiful! We went on a snorkeling and sting ray safari. To be honest, the snorkeling wasnt quit as beautiful as St Thomas but the sting ray safari totally made up for it! It was such a fun experience. The sting rays were HUGE and they just swam all around us. I kissed one and now I have 7 years of good luck :) Joel was the brave one and he actually held a few of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment