Sunday, March 14, 2010

Utah Open House

I am trying to catch up on the past few months so that I can start blogging about our current life so bare with me! Especially if you have already seen all of these photos on Facebook!

Joel and I were so lucky to have 3 wedding events. I know, I know it seems overkill but we had too many friends and family in Utah, Texas, and California that we didn't want to leave anyone out! Our moms worked so hard to make them all AMAZING!
The first event was in Utah on Friday December 18. It was just a casual get together at the BYU conference center with some of our friends from BYU and Utah. Channing Rodriquez made us this amazing wedding cake. It really was beautiful and the best part was that it was delicious! Most wedding cakes look great but taste nasty. All of the guests were raving about her cake! Way to go Channing!
This is Joel and I with one of the girls that he baptized on his mission in Houston.





Everyone wanted us to hurry and cut the cake so they could eat it!












This is me, my dad, Linda Shirly, my mom, and Tyler. We have ALL enjoyed the blessing of working at the BYU testing center! haha Linda was my parents boss when they attended BYU. They were such hard workers that she decided to hire Tyler and I! As much as I loved the testing center I'm glad my proctoring days are over!
PS I must say that I LOVED my dress for this event. Thanks mom :)

2 comments:

  1. Carly,

    Just found your blog. I LOVE your dress, too. Where did you get it? I have been looking for a black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie! Thanks :) I LOVE that black dress. I got it from a store called Cache. Its a great dress that I can always wear. Too bad you dont live close anymore. I would let you take it on your cruise lol

    ReplyDelete